Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Voyager.
If I purchase the iPod adapter, it's the old 30 pin connecter.
I could buy a 30 pin to lighting adapter, for my iphone6 plus, or an older iPod... what are your thoughts?
I'm surprised that the optional adapter is not a lighting connection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Go Bluetooth and skip all that mess. You can get a voltmeter with USB ports (for charging) and, if it suits you, a set of Bluetooth speakers that you can attach to your handlebars. I'm looking at that exact thing for myself and my wife when I finally get my Vulcan. You an also use Bluetooth headsets as an intercom AND to listen to the music.

More expensive, sure, but more comfortable and safer. IMO wires are bad if there is any chance they can get in the way of your arms.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I use my daughters old iphone 4s(?), I dunno, all I know is that it's 30 pin and it's superior to using a bluetooth adapter on the 30 pin harness and superior to using the other kawi aux adapter that looks like a headphone plug.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought a FM Modulator that goes in the lighter socket. Hooks to your phones Bluetooth and plays over your radio. It also accepts calls. Because of road noise if I know I'm getting a call I will pull over to talk. For $20 it was a steal. Also has 2 USB ports for charging or hooking to a thumb drive and takes a mini sd card up to 32 GB.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a FM Modulator that goes in the lighter socket. Hooks to your phones Bluetooth and plays over your radio. It also accepts calls. Because of road noise if I know I'm getting a call I will pull over to talk. For $20 it was a steal. Also has 2 USB ports for charging or hooking to a thumb drive and takes a mini sd card up to 32 GB.

Hey Sailorman,

Do you have any pics of the FM Modulator or can you tell me what kind/brand you have? Also, does it stay in place well while riding...any issues staying plugged into lighter socket ?

I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm using a 64gb iPod with the 30pin plug and their is nothing like it. I get to use all of my controls and I can see what is playing and selecting on the radio panel. Beats bluetooth with no controls any day.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey Sailorman,

Do you have any pics of the FM Modulator or can you tell me what kind/brand you have? Also, does it stay in place well while riding...any issues staying plugged into lighter socket ?

I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Thanks,

Andy
I ordered a Vic Tzing T11 from Amazon. It stays in the lighter socket very well. The tip did vibrate loose but a small drop of locktite fixed that. Here are a couple of photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2015 Voyager.
If I purchase the iPod adapter, it's the old 30 pin connecter.
I could buy a 30 pin to lighting adapter, for my iphone6 plus, or an older iPod... what are your thoughts?
I'm surprised that the optional adapter is not a lighting connection.
Hey, I post in a while back about what I did to my Voyager, adding a Bluetooth receiver etc. It works great.
Here the link
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2758210

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts