Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've thought about buying a used ecu so I could send mine off to Ivan without my bike being down. I'm looking for one at around $75. My thought is someone could buy it from me for whatever I paid for it, get their flash then send it to the next guy, who can then send it on... Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've thought about buying a used ecu so I could send mine off to Ivan without my bike being down. I'm looking for one at around $75. My thought is someone could buy it from me for whatever I paid for it, get their flash then send it to the next guy, who can then send it on... Any thoughts on that?

You have to make sure that the ECU has the right part number for your specific bike. You have the Nomad, Voyager and Vaq in multiple years and options to deal with. I don't think that it would work on all the various models and years. Call Ivan and run this by him and he can tell you if it will work.

The used ones I have found are a couple of hundred dollars but not the part number I need.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any of the 1700s will fit. I replaced my bad one for $70. I'll confirm that but I'm pretty sure that is correct

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ivan flashes it the day he gets it and puts it in the mail the same day. Down time isn't an issue unless you are a daily rider.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Texas, might have an 80 degree in the middle of the winter. You've gotta be ready. After all the discussion and my "great" idea, I think I'll pull it on a Sunday night and should have it back in time for the weekend.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah unless that is your only transportation I would not bother. I live in Louisiana sent my ECU on a Monday priorty mail got the ECU back on Thursady. Later I sent it back in for an update mailed it Monday priorty mail got it back friday.
He normally gets it flashes it and sends it back out same day.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Suggest call Gina at Ivan's tomorrow. I facilitated getting a used ECU flashed for a buddy in Australia. He bought one on USA Ebay and had it sent to me. We had called Gina/Ivan and she told us the specific ECU part number that would work for his year Voyager. And yes.....Ivan turnaround very quick. I shipped Priority to him and he sent it back Fed Ex ground. It took like 7 or 8 days. If you pay the extra he will overnight Fed Ex it to you. GOod luck. Ivanizing is single best mod I will ever do to my Voyager.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes....you will have a brand new motorcycle as Mr. Hog suggests. Trust us. Single best upgrade I will ever do to my bone stock 2016 was Ivanizing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts