Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to bring home my 2019 voyager trike tomarrow. i'm going to have all the take off parts in the classifieds, if anybody is looking for anything, keep in mind this will be brand new stuff never used. 0 miles on all of it.
i will post pics when i get it home.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Absolutely a beautiful ride!

Who did the work?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the nice reply's. it is a very nice bike and look forward to riding her come spring. btw, iv'e put stuff in the classified and no responses. do you think the prices are to high or is it just that nobody needs anything that is listed. i'm going to wait till spring and if nobody has an interest in it i'm going to toss everything. i don't have the room to store this stuff long term. if the prices are unreasonable make an offer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I PM'd you an offer for the chrome pieces from under the trunk... I'll copy that offer into an email.

I think you'll get a good price for things like the saddlebags, especially if someone with the same color bike as yours has damaged theirs. Your prices might be a little high for on here though, and you may get more interest on Ebay.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for the feedback on the prices, i was going by the price of brand new stuff and trying to advertise it for 1/2 price or less. coming from a valkyrie board where anything you have to sell for that bike always gets top dollar. and no i did not see your pm. sorry, but we got everything straightened out.
i did go in and lower the prices but my offer still stands. if any body needs any of it. just make and offer.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Dude, nice bike! I forget the name of the trike shop that does the conversion, but I remember the "arrington, va" address - they have good reviews!

I hope you love the bike, and I see you're in MD, so I'll keep an eye out for a V'ger trike! Keep the shiny side up!

Also, get yourself some heated gear - it's still riding season (in central MD at least). I rode today, wasn't too bad, but it reminded me I need to get a dongle to plug my heated gloves into my new bike.

-John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude, nice bike! I forget the name of the trike shop that does the conversion, but I remember the "arrington, va" address - they have good reviews!

I hope you love the bike, and I see you're in MD, so I'll keep an eye out for a V'ger trike! Keep the shiny side up!

Also, get yourself some heated gear - it's still riding season (in central MD at least). I rode today, wasn't too bad, but it reminded me I need to get a dongle to plug my heated gloves into my new bike.

-John
thank you for the comments, actually i'm in shippensburg pa.
the bike was bought at twiggs in hagerstown. has md tags on it till i get pa tags. but i'm not that far from you if ya wanna meet up sometime next summer. trike place is California side car.
yep. as long as its above 40 i'll ride. used to ride back and forth to work even if it was 20 below 0. that was back when a bike was my only transportation. after 3 bouts with pneumonia i gave that up.
and what new bike did you get, since you need a plug for it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I got a 2019 Harley Street Glide Special. I loved my Vaquero and had already paid it off, but after my accident last year, I just couldn't get it to ride right - whether it was mechanical or in my head, it always felt like I was riding on ice, except for certain chilly mornings. Didn't matter what road I was on either. Rode to the Harley dealer, got on my FLHXS and rode, and it was glued to the road. Has been ever since I got it. Meanwhile, I didn't buy the Harley on the day of the test ride like I wanted to (ran out of time), so I rode the Vaquero home, felt like I was on ice again. So frustrating.

Anyway, yeah, they make a dongle that converts the battery tender plug into female coax for under $10, then I can plug my heated gloves into the tender connection on the Harley, which apparently is rated to run a full set of heated gear.

I may just have to take you up on that ride offer next year. With our littlest one getting to be almost 1.5yo, it'll be easier for Grandma to watch the boys all day while mommy and daddy go for a m/c ride :D

I was considering converting my Vaquero into a trike if I couldn't shake the riding-on-ice feeling.

Oh, do you need any accessories for that bad boy? I've got all the aftermarket parts I took off my Vaquero. PM me if you want a list and my asking prices :D

-John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought my 1999 valkyrie interstate brand new after the wife and i riding a 700 shadow for 13 years. needed a bigger bike.
the valk had 72,000 miles on it when i decided to trike it. main reason is my knees and my shoulders got to the point if the bike started going over because of me loosing my footing or stalling the engine trying to start on a steep hill i would end up dropping the bike. so i triked it. installed a motortrike on it, which turned out to be the biggest mistake i could a made as far as trike kits. i'm glad i'm a mechanic because that motortrike was constant issues and needed parts replaced all the time.. august of this year the valks main alternator cable decided to rub threw on the frame and short out. it took alot of stuff out with it and some parts were no longer available, so i had the insurance company total it instead of trying to round up used electrical parts that may or may not have worked. done alot of research on bikes and went to different dealers to check and talk.
looked at a brand new harley but was told that if i triked it with a csc kit the warrantee would be void.
talked to to many tri-glide owners that say theirs rides like a buck board. also if i was to add a trailer hitch to pull my compac-camp cargo trailer it would void the warrantee even on the tri-glide.
looked at the new yamaha but nobody is planning on making a trike kit for it.
looked at and indian roadmaster but really couldn't justify spending 52,000 dollars on a trike at my age.
looked at the goldwing but iv'e worked on plenty of wings and i despise working on them. so if i hate working on them so much i defiantly ain't gonna own one. havn't owned a kawasaki since my 1983 kawasaki 550.
it ran great till i took it back to the dealer for a 1000 mile check up. after that if you didn't carry starting fluid with you it wasn't going to start. valves were adjusted to tight. i started researching the voyager and found out the longevity of the engine and it was comparable to the valk. i'm happy with the voyager with the exception the power could be slightly better but theres ways to improve that. sorry you had an accident and your vaquero did'nt act right after that. but sounds like you have a great bike now. looking forward to meeting up with you next summer. sorry for the long post. just thought it might help being in a new forum that this might be an opportunity for people to get to know me better.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Wow, you sound like where I'll be ... I already have 1 really bad knee, 1 catching up, and a shoulder that acts up occasionally. I haven't dropped a bike because of it, but I could see it happening. I don't carry passengers though, so that may be difficult.

I have a 79 KZ650SR that if it sits for more than a day or two, you have to flip the petcock to Prime for 10 seconds or it won't start. Generally starts easily after that, and warm starts are a non-issue. Sometimes I use the kick starter to get the motor turned over a few times before hitting the starter button - that also helps.

As for power on the 1700 Kawi, I've read nothing but great reviews of Ivan's Performance. He's got a tune for this motor that apparently wakes it up and smooths it out. I was very close to doing this to my Vaquero, but traded it in.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I would've LOVED to keep the Vaquero - heck, it was paid off! I just couldn't get it to act right. Everyone swore up and down there was nothing mechanically wrong with it, and I struggled for 15 or so months before trading it.

Anyway, I got your PM and sent you an email, sorry for the delayed response but I'm not usually on the computer over the weekend.

Take care!

-John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, you sound like where I'll be ... I already have 1 really bad knee, 1 catching up, and a shoulder that acts up occasionally. I haven't dropped a bike because of it, but I could see it happening. I don't carry passengers though, so that may be difficult.

I have a 79 KZ650SR that if it sits for more than a day or two, you have to flip the petcock to Prime for 10 seconds or it won't start. Generally starts easily after that, and warm starts are a non-issue. Sometimes I use the kick starter to get the motor turned over a few times before hitting the starter button - that also helps.

As for power on the 1700 Kawi, I've read nothing but great reviews of Ivan's Performance. He's got a tune for this motor that apparently wakes it up and smooths it out. I was very close to doing this to my Vaquero, but traded it in.

Thanks for the well-wishes. I would've LOVED to keep the Vaquero - heck, it was paid off! I just couldn't get it to act right. Everyone swore up and down there was nothing mechanically wrong with it, and I struggled for 15 or so months before trading it.

Anyway, I got your PM and sent you an email, sorry for the delayed response but I'm not usually on the computer over the weekend.

Take care!

-John
i had a 700 shadow that i creamed against the front of a girls car that pulled out in front of me.
dealer had to replace the whole front of the bike. i felt the same way when i got it back. just did'nt feel right. and i could'nt explain it either. everybody else that went for a ride on it said it feels fine to them.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry that happened to you - mine was just radiator fluid all over my lane - I never even saw it. One second I was riding along at the speed limit perfectly upright, coasting towards the intersection (where I turn right), the next second I was on my back sliding. After my accident and the resulting issues riding the Vaquero, my wife was semi-supportive of getting a different bike, and my neighbor and his wife who also ride were pushing me to trade it in. I just struggled with it because it was paid off :\

When it came time to test ride my Harley, my wife was all-in, and after I told her the test ride went swimmingly, she started walking into the dealer and said to me, "let's go buy your bike!"

I was shocked. :D

-John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
funny. you must have married a woman from the same mold mine came from.
when my previous trike burnt up. i looked up all the parts and coulda fixed it using alot of used parts. but she knew the problems i was having with the trike kit and the constant having to work on it to keep it functional.
after about 3 weeks of pondering ( do i really want to fix this thing ) she looked at me one day when i got home from work and said. if you want a new trike go ahead and pull the trigger. so we did.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah, she's not usually quite so receptive to my big financial wants... but in some cases, she just doesn't worry about it and wants me to be happy. She was tired of hearing me b***h about weird handling bikes. Don't get me started on the search for a petcock for my 79KZ650SR... she still won't let me say the "P" word in the house LOL.

-John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts