Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show off these risers because I hadn't really heard much about them until seeing em on here. But they work and look great IMO. Tell me what you think. If anybody else considers installing them, it's pretty straight forward but I'll give you one tip that I wish I would've known ahead of time. The risers thread onto the original bolts on the handlebars and then you have a bold that threads throught the bottoms side of the triple tree into the bottom of the risers. However, the bolt is too long to tighten the handlebars down. So all i did was took the stock nut that is threaded onto the handlebar bolts and threaded it onto the new bolts then tightened them down and it works great. By the way, props to jagered for an easy purchase via paypal.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
looking good! I thought about getting those but decided to go mini apes instead. Glad they worked for you!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just wanted to show off these risers because I hadn't really heard much about them until seeing em on here. But they work and look great IMO. Tell me what you think. If anybody else considers installing them, it's pretty straight forward but I'll give you one tip that I wish I would've known ahead of time. The risers thread onto the original bolts on the handlebars and then you have a bold that threads throught the bottoms side of the triple tree into the bottom of the risers. However, the bolt is too long to tighten the handlebars down. So all i did was took the stock nut that is threaded onto the handlebar bolts and threaded it onto the new bolts then tightened them down and it works great. By the way, props to jagered for an easy purchase via paypal.

They look great. I have been thinking of adding them to my Mean Streak. How do you like the feel, do they make the bike more comfortable? Where did you buy them?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I absolutely love the feel. I don't mind my arms being stretched out, but the risers allow me to lay back a lil more and cruise hahaha instead of leaning forward. I added them along with 2" forward control extensions from grumpywirth. I actually bought the risers from jagered, a forum member. He might can help you out with where he picked em up from. The only thing I'm looking to add as far as comfort goes is a Corbin Young Guns seat, but have yet to find a used one for sale.

·
Registered
256 Posts
you can get them from their website genmar mfg in new mexico. I didn't see them in black though like the ones you have and they only advertise them for the mean streak which may explain the bolt length problem that you have. I like and think i will get a pair

·
Registered
549 Posts
The black I ordered were the same price as the polished aluminum. For the record I love the way they look and they have made the bike more comfortable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts