Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I ordered, and in 2 days, received a set of GenMar risers. When I bought the 900 Custom, it was the drag bar, front end, and stance that sold me. I am not trying to turn it into a long range touring bike, but my arms and hands were limited on longer rides. My hands became numb, 30 to 45 min into a ride. I noticed how sharp of an angle my throttle hand was. From the sugestion of some forum members, I went with the GenMar risers. I could not be happier with the delivery and quality.

I installed these in just a few minutes. A second person would make things easier. The only mod I made was to remove the brake line from the center hanger to give it a little slack.

Comfort is better by ten fold. My arms are more relaxed and I sit a little more upright. I am looking forward to my next full day of riding. I would recomend these to everyone. Best money I've spent on mods.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Last week I ordered, and in 2 days, received a set of GenMar risers. When I bought the 900 Custom, it was the drag bar, front end, and stance that sold me. I am not trying to turn it into a long range touring bike, but my arms and hands were limited on longer rides. My hands became numb, 30 to 45 min into a ride. I noticed how sharp of an angle my throttle hand was. From the sugestion of some forum members, I went with the GenMar risers. I could not be happier with the delivery and quality.

I installed these in just a few minutes. A second person would make things easier. The only mod I made was to remove the brake line from the center hanger to give it a little slack.

Comfort is better by ten fold. My arms are more relaxed and I sit a little more upright. I am looking forward to my next full day of riding. I would recomend these to everyone. Best money I've spent on mods.
Their website is not showing the risers for the Custom. Can you point me in the right direction plz?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Their website is not showing the risers for the Custom. Can you point me in the right direction plz?
Go with the Mean Streak version.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Are this shorter than the scootworks?

·
Registered
445 Posts
they look great thanks for the pics

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another source is Chucksters Customs. He makes them at 2.5 Inches (63.5 MM). It is difficult to make them much shorter as the studs on the bars are 35 MM alone and you want at least 15 MM of thread engagement. Add a little for variation and thread lead in and you end up over 2 inches. Service was great and you will save a bit also.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Risers

Another source is Chucksters Customs. He makes them at 2.5 Inches (63.5 MM). It is difficult to make them much shorter as the studs on the bars are 35 MM alone and you want at least 15 MM of thread engagement. Add a little for variation and thread lead in and you end up over 2 inches. Service was great and you will save a bit also.
On this website I only see risers for the classic/lt models

·
Registered
75 Posts
You are correct about the web site but if you send him an e-mail, he will respond promptly. I know he makes them for the custom as I have them in my possesion.

·
Registered
711 Posts
risers

You are correct about the web site but if you send him an e-mail, he will respond promptly. I know he makes them for the custom as I have them in my possesion.
Thanks for the info. I have emailed him :)
By any chance do you have a picture of the risers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts