Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran into the same problem with my 900 Custom that I had with my previous Meanstreaks.After riding for an hour or so I would begin to get shoulder/neck pain.I never did get around to adding risers on the few Meanstreaks that I owned but figured I'd give a set of risers a try on the 900.I purchased a new 900 Custom back in 2007 and put about 4500 miles on that bike but I do not remember having the neck/shoulder pain back then.At 51 years old I do notice it now though.Install is pretty straight forward and was accomplished by my self without the help of an extra set of hands.Plenty of room in the cables for the extra height of the bars but I did need to remove the front brake hose from the retainer/holder guide.I have only put about 40 miles on the bike since the install but it seems to make a difference.Still getting used to the feel of the different height and pull back but I will update the thread after getting more miles on the risers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Those are awesome looking handlebars, nice

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After 2300 miles I still feel the risers to be well worth the money and no longer experience any shoulder or neck pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts