Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Keep doing the mods, and keep the pictures coming! She keeps getting sharper every time i look at her. Nice job!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill tell ya what i really like those risers, makes it much more comfortable for me. Im 6 3 by the way and i dont feel like im hunched over any more. My forward , forward controls should be here soon!

·
Registered
142 Posts
bolts under handlebar??

BSarge...do the bolts under the handlebar come out???

I'm thinking about buying a set of risers online...they are basically hollow risers with a 4" or so bolt.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230624302375

the risers you got...are they hollow top and bolt on bottom to connect to triple tree?? hollow top to allow bolt from bottom of handle bar to screw into?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I bought those risers from him, and they are hollow top (to attach to the bolts extending from the stock drag bars),and hollow bottom with the necessary bolts included. TOP NOTCH risers!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought those risers from him, and they are hollow top (to attach to the bolts extending from the stock drag bars),and hollow bottom with the necessary bolts included. TOP NOTCH risers!
Pretzel...ebay seller is saying they are not threaded inside?? Thoughts?

or am I thinking of it wrong? I would think the riser would screw into the handlebars and then I would bolt into the riser from the bottom up (screwed up into the riser from just below the top of the triple tree).

please let me know??? my eBay purchase is pending.... :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Pretzel...ebay seller is saying they are not threaded inside?? Thoughts?

or am I thinking of it wrong? I would think the riser would screw into the handlebars and then I would bolt into the riser from the bottom up (screwed up into the riser from just below the top of the triple tree).

please let me know??? my eBay purchase is pending.... :)
I was quoting info about the Genmar risers I bought from BigSarge in response to the question you asked him...

BSarge...do the bolts under the handlebar come out???
Sorry if there was confusion?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Pretzel;131544 Sorry if there was confusion?[/QUOTE said:
hey, no worries, thanks so much for super quick response. I was able to cancel ebay transaction and ended up buying the genmar x11's.

tired of going cheap and buying this part and that part to try to make things work...it always ends up costing me almost as much as the right product (cause i'm buying this tool, that tool, this extra part, that extra part....to try to make things fit). :)

end of day...bought the Genmar X11's...thks for all pioneers out there that verified that it works on our custom 900's!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
wow, what a difference!!!

so, i purchased the Genmar x11 risers ($70 total, or something like that) for my Vulcan 900 CUSTOM.

install was easy...unscrew old bolts...screw on risers into handlebar...then screw new bolt into riser (from bottom up). Only minor thing was having a hex key large enough...which i didn't have...so, had to use locking-jaw pliers to tighten (with loctite in the threads).

review of item...I cannot believe that extra inch of handlebar lean towards the rider can make that big of a difference. my arms are super comfy....back is flat against back rest....and for some reason my feet are more planted on the ground (likely due to angle of sitting??)...but, before the riser, I was not flat foot on ground...now, i'm flat foot on ground and then some!

I'm 5'10", and wear dress shirts arms size 33/34 and pants leg 30" inseam. Not sure what bike was designed for....anyways, just felt like I need that little extra inch or so and it's 1,000% worth it!

Just overall huge improvement! turn angles, etc...not changed. excellent and HIGHLY recommended to anyone who needs that little extra. thanks to those who verified these work on the 900 Custom!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Were did you buy the Genmar x11 risers, and are they available in black to match my bars?
This is where I bought the risers from:

http://www.cyclesolutions.net/product/sku-GM-X11

It's $65 plus a couple of dollars for shipping. I found a $5 off coupon on the net...so, my total was $70 shipped to my house.

I think they have some black ones...check em out (or any other site that you might find it cheaper).

Install was quick and painless. (Just make sure you lay down a towel on the tank prior to unscrewing the handlebars). :)

Ride safe ya all.

·
Registered
742 Posts
@chicagoster ... the 1500's have different setups than our bikes... the bottom 1/2 of the stock riser actually has a hole through it for the bolt... these are just an extension of that. my drifter is the same way. however, my custom had genmar risers and they screwed onto the bars and then a bolt went in from the bottom.

just a different setup that's all...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts