Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much discussion on gel seats here it starts to get confusing. So I thought I'd ask about my '06 classic LT and lay out my parameters maybe that would narrow it down a bit.
This is something that is almost more for the wife than me although my butt does get sore too after a long ride. Problem is I really like the looks of a stock seat (with the studs and the narrow back seat) and my wifes butt is... well... let's just say a little oversized. So I'm not sure if the standard sized passenger gel seat is going to help her. Anyone out there with big butt experience and suggestions on gel seats?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've seen this advertised in a magazine. Looks comfortable. Clips on to back seat. Is 13" wide and comes apart for storage. Made for the passenger. www.buttybuddy.com

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got the mustang seat not studded last year. Too cheap for the studded version. I don't feel much a difference from stock, but my wife really does. She's the reason I changed seats to start with. Biggest difference is the seat height. It raises you up a couple inches which I liked.

·
Registered
684 Posts
That stock seat is somewhere around 9 inches wide if it was like mine. Not sure you are going to find anything cushion-wise that will be the answer. If you end up with a wider platform, the Airhawk cushions are awesome. The Butt-Buddy looks like it might be worth a try, but never been close to one and don't know what the padding is like. I have been told that your body settles down thru the gel on a gel-seat after a couple of hours and you still have pressure points getting sore. The Airhawk cushion prevents this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I was deciding which after market seat to buy for my 900, my wife's sole criteria was the width of the passenger seat. When she found out the Mustang back seat was 12" wide and the Kawa gel was 13" wide, she chose the Kawa.

Once I got the front of the gel seat broken in, I put away my Bead Rider and separate gel pads away and put 18,000 miles on it in the next 1.5 years. For much of that mileage, my wife was on the back seat, and she loved the gel back seat also. In my opinion, either the Mustang or the Kawa gel is going to be a HUGE improvement for both the rider and the passenger over the stock seat. I was just too cheap to try the Mustang when my wife decided she was happy with Kawa gel.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You want a wide seat here you go. DayLong I know it isn't a 900, but it would be the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts