Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Does anyone like the heel /toe gear shifter on a motorbike? I don’t. I didn’t like it much on the 900 either but the toe part worked fine and was in the right spot for me so did not change it.
The 2000 lever is a bit different (longer). I cut off the heel part as I will never use it, but what I have found with the toe part (front) of lever is that it hangs out past the front of the floor board, which seems ok if your just pushing downwards on the front as was intended from factory.
When using toe part of lever for up shifting as well as down shifting , I have found that the lever is just to long hanging out there in front of floorboard for me to up shift comfortably without stretching my leg all the time to reach under lever and lift it up. So I took it off and cut it, and shortened it so its just inside front edge of floor board now, and it is so much better now. Its probably about 15 or 20mm shorter and is right where I want it for effortless upshifts.
There is no extra force required to lift it up that I can noticeand you don’t have to lift as far. And you get a sort of quick shift effect with the shorter lever. It feels more precise and seems to go into gears smoother and quicker.
So far I am happy with this little mod and will see how it goes long term.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts