Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good Gear Indication device system that works well with the 900?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

There's no doubt that the Dakota Digital is a nice looking piece of kit but I can't find one on sale over here in the UK. The price of shipping from the US and the exchange rate would make it hideously expensive.

BTW does anyone know where on the VN900 you can pick up the Tacho Pulse required for most of these indicators. Maybe from the Speed Sensor or from one of the million or so wires sproutiing from the ECU????

Regards

HoraceG

·
Registered
31 Posts
gear indicator

I use the GiPro ds-k01. Works when you let out on the clutch. Installation is to an already existing plug behind the right access panel. Only problem is when you shift down through several gears without letting out on the clutch. When you let out on the clutch it will correct itself. It is digital and it works for me.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I put a Baron Tach on Eljay and that is accurate. You just need to have a clue as to what does what at what speed.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah but soon as I finish going through the one hand and switch to the other I forget where i was.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi,
Help ... ;) I bought the gear indicator Dakota and I need the wiring diagram for my VN 900 Classic (2009); If someone had the color codes for wiring does not make any mistakes. Thank you ... and sorry for my English.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's why the vn900 is perfect for you....you won't need to count pass 5....I try sometimes but to no avail
Yeah, but there's that whole subtraction thing when we have to downshift, it can get confusing......lololol:D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had an answer of "Dakota", I think I'll be able to mount the indicator. For the wires, there is little difference between Europe and the U.S.. Especially direction indicators
. But the main contacts are the same.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
JC Motors has the Dakota for $193.17.

One thing wasn't clear on either add: Does it come with the necessary connecting cables and inductive pickup/sensor or do you have purchase that separately? It's a great-looking unit. Very custom.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts