Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got a 2015 vulcan s 2 weeks ago. Ive only been out on one ride so far and found it really annoying not knowing what gear I'm in. I know there are both genuine and after market options but im wondering if anyone knows if a 2017 onwards speedo would work on a 15.... Given it has the gear indication on it?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 ABS
41 Posts
I can't say it will or won't, but I can't imagine it would without the wiring needed, which I would not expect them to have in a version that it was an after thought. I have a 2017 and I'm still getting the OEM GPI because the LCD is too low when using a full face helmet for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks for the replies. So you all are going to oem or is there a good aftermarket option. The after market ones I've seen are cheap but look alright. But the way they work seems sketchy and I dont know if they would suit me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a cheap one off Amazon that plugs into the diagnostic port of the ECM. Has worked fine for a couple of years.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I bought one from amazon, for my 2015 that was relatively cheap, that worked perfect and was bright. Also worked off the Diagnostic port, under the side cover. Plug and play!

·
Registered
2015 - Kawasaki Vulcan 650s
28 Posts
i got the cheap $40 off amazon also has a few second delay and doesn't recognize the gear when the clutch is in but very easy to install and comes in different options of color design & shapes, but for $40 it was well worth it instead of paying the hundred plus for an OEM one, took 15 minutes to install. you can see it in use here

·
Premium Member
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 ABS
41 Posts
Nice quick shift. So I learned for those with 2017+ the OEM GPI does not plug in play, requires splicing I didn't want to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts