Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has had issues with the gear indicator on the voyager 1700.It seems like it always knows what gear I'm in but it takes a while to figure it out,

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
On both ZX-14's I have owned and this Vaquero the gear indicators never worked well. Kawi should check into who is makin the gear indicators on Suzukis, they really don't have the issues we have on our 1700's.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
701 Posts
On both ZX-14's I have owned and this Vaquero the gear indicators never worked well. Kawi should check into who is makin the gear indicators on Suzukis, they really don't have the issues we have on our 1700's.

RACNRAY
You,re right Ray. But that would cost Kawi money...lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2012 Voyager and I have that problem. When I shift into 4th and higher or down shift from OD to 3rd, the indicator has a second or two delay in displaying the new gear. Have you gotten any solutions or reasons why yet?

·
Registered
675 Posts
It's a frequently encountered quirk of the bike, and only becomes an issue if she registers second or first instead of a higher gear when the cruise control is set... because it throws her out of cruise.

I quite like it... Mine shows me a couple of guesses first, and then she usually settles on the right number. Makes her seem more "human" in some way?

See what I did there? It's that error rate that also confirms gender.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2011 Nomad and have the same delay on the indicator in 3rd to 4th and back it only takes a second or two and I got used to it. It does not do it all the time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Agree with you guys. Mine does it more on the downshift than going up. Haven't had the issue with it kicking the cruise off yet though. But most times I know where I am in the shift range anyway. Helps sometimes at a light though to know if I missed one

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Sometimes I think about moving to a newer voyager or vaquero when they come out with a color I can‘t pass up. My bike is flawless so I hesitate, and think that when the time comes I might move on to some other touring bike.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the input, I like our bike fine...but...if I were Kawasaki I would not put a heat gage on that reads hot but the bike is not, a gear indicator on that don't read right,or a fuel monitor that only makes the bike look bad [not that good anyway] Like I said I like the bike,but do you think I should buy another one.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Thanks for the input, I like our bike fine...but...if I were Kawasaki I would not put a heat gage on that reads hot but the bike is not, a gear indicator on that don't read right,or a fuel monitor that only makes the bike look bad [not that good anyway] Like I said I like the bike,but do you think I should buy another one.
Your last sentence is worded as a question but without a question mark. What the hell, I will assume it's a question and provide an answer....sort of. Only YOU can, or should, decide if you should buy another bike. I ask myself the same question from time to time. I wish my Vaquero had ABS, which the new ones now have. I also think about the Victory Cross Country. Then I slap myself upside my head and say "Don't be a fool." I still LOVE my bike. I still have almost 3 years left on the extended warranty. Plus, I spent $5K on a custom paint job and 21" front wheel, that I will NEVER get back in the sale of my bike. No, my bike will be mine for at least another 7 yrs, unless I wreck it or it blows up after the warranty expires.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I would have a very hard time replacing a bike with the same. There are just too many to experience. My problem now is that I really like every bike I currently own and don't want to part with any of them to try another. I really like the updated roadglide, but for the money I'd probably buy the roadmaster instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts