Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after waiting like what seems to be an eternity for my Baron Engine guards to ship.........UPS delivered it to God knows where. So then I call them and basically its on me to find it......Contact seller....search my neighbors.......yeah right. I live in farm country and my nearest neighbor is sort of a wacky recluse who wants absolutely no trespassers.....and I know he has guns cause he always shooting in his back yard. UPS customer service is a joke around here :mad: OK, rant over for now..........

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
Hang in there...

If you paid by paypal you can open a dispute with them...
"Item never received"...

Or use your credit/debit card buyer protection...

I had a similar instance and it's on UPS if they mis-delivered the item...
Don't let them push you around...

Ride On !!!

Luckymann77

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang in there...

If you paid by paypal you can open a dispute with them...
"Item never received"...

Or use your credit/debit card buyer protection...

I had a similar instance and it's on UPS if they mis-delivered the item...
Don't let them push you around...

Ride On !!!

Luckymann77
Thanks for the encouragement Luckymann...... I'm having one of those months where everything seems to go wrong.........Even my kitchen garbage can lid broke this morning.

·
Registered
165 Posts
See what brown can do for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The ups claims department is a royal pain in the arse to deal with! I purchased a $600 upper a few years ago and received a open box with an owners manual in it. To make a long story short I ended up getting a full refund approximately 6 months or so later. I now have all of my packages sent to my work instead of to my home. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.......Some good and bad news. The good news, the engine guard showed up on my doorstep. The bad news, it does not fit. The brackets that are supposed to attach to the front engine mounting bolts will not even clear the frame tubes. They look like they warped in during the welding process. The distance between the mating surfaces is less than the frame tubes they need to clear in order to even reach the mounting holes. I've watched the video on installation on Barons web site and they showed a no drama install with clearance in these areas. I'm going to send these back and purchase the Cobras instead.....mounting for Cobra bars looks like a lot less of a hassle. There have been complaints over on the VTX forum with regard to Barons for the same reason so as far as I'm concerned, they will not get any more of my business. I put Cobra's on m Vstar and installation was drama free........I guess I should have known.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
Glad and Sad to hear...

Yep, I went with the Cobras...
Kinda wish I would have gone with the Fatty version now...

Was thinkin of adding some lights and pegs to it ...
But having dealt with clamps when their radii didn't match up with the bar diameter...Whatta PITA !!!
Plus, the mismatch in diameter vs the handlebars I thought would look strange...
Went with the "standard" size...
YMMV...

BTW...
My Cobra bars were "damaged" by UPS also...
Both bottom brackets were sticking outta the box and looked as though they took a hammer to the ends...
Still looked and fit OK...Meh.
Not worth the hassle, but was pretty ticked off about it.

Ride On !!!
Luckymann77

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad and Sad to hear...

Yep, I went with the Cobras...
Kinda wish I would have gone with the Fatty version now...

Was thinkin of adding some lights and pegs to it ...
But having dealt with clamps when their radii didn't match up with the bar diameter...Whatta PITA !!!
Plus, the mismatch in diameter vs the handlebars I thought would look strange...
Went with the "standard" size...
YMMV...

BTW...
My Cobra bars were "damaged" by UPS also...
Both bottom brackets were sticking outta the box and looked as though they took a hammer to the ends...
Still looked and fit OK...Meh.
Not worth the hassle, but was pretty ticked off about it.

Ride On !!!
Luckymann77
Ughhhhhhh.......its a sad state of affairs. It just reinforces my belief that a large majority of the aftermarket is crap. Cobra has been one example of decent products, at least for me. I've had better luck shipping items with USPS. UPS just seems to be a bunch of Gorillas mutilating packages. The cobra bars I ordered for my Vstar were really well packaged (Almost UPS proof).

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Ughhhhhhh.......its a sad state of affairs. It just reinforces my belief that a large majority of the aftermarket is crap. Cobra has been one example of decent products, at least for me. I've had better luck shipping items with USPS. UPS just seems to be a bunch of Gorillas mutilating packages. The cobra bars I ordered for my Vstar were really well packaged (Almost UPS proof).
Glad you finally got them but sucks they don't fit. I agree that a majority of the aftermarket is crap, and crazily over priced. And then you pay out the nose to ship the item and then it seems like they do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DUWmeRLVRw

I also have had better luck with USPS, and sometimes it's even faster than UPS or FedEx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts