Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY new V&H twin slash slip ons should be here Wed. Do I need to get different Gaskets or not? Don't know if its true or not, But I heard on a VV 1700 you can use Polaris Gaskets. Is that True? IF it's not true, where can I get some?

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I didn't use new gaskets and I'm fine with the same setup.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I'm well aware that some feel they need to replace the gaskets. Great for those who want to do it.
But like hayes, I used the ones that came with the bike years ago and have always worked great.

·
Registered
580 Posts
MY new V&H twin slash slip ons should be here Wed. Do I need to get different Gaskets or not? Don't know if its true or not, But I heard on a VV 1700 you can use Polaris Gaskets. Is that True? IF it's not true, where can I get some?
I think I may be the one who posted a pic of Polaris gaskets. The only reason I changed them is because the old ones were stuck on the muffler and were in pretty bad shape by the time I got them off. I couldn't get the OEM ones at a local Kawi dealer so just got some ATV one which were exactly the same size but cheaper. For the price of new ones it might not hurt to have one or two handy when you go to switch pipes just in case the old ones are hooped.....may save waiting on some. The only time it's almost mandatory to change gaskets is when you take the head pipes off the engine (those get crushed pretty good and are pretty much single use). Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts