Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the forum, I have an 08 Vulcan 900. I am waiting for my new Hard Krome 3" big straights and my Power Commander to come in:)....I think I need to take the tank off to install the power commander:confused:. No Idea how to do that anyone have any tips. Have some help but they have never worked on a bike with EFI...Going to do the install this Saturday.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the Cobra brand FI computer. I didn't put it on, the PO had it done. But in looking for info on the unit I found the installation instructions, and on the unit it goes under the seat, no need to remove the tank. I would disconnect the battery for sure. Are you doing a Air Intake? I don't know if you really need the computer if you aren't.

I have the same pipes. The pipe that goes to the rear cylinder the nuts absolutly suck to put on. I had to get a 6 inch long 1/4 drive wobbler. I had use a 12mm socket. Another guy on here said he bent some of the chrome around the nut to make it easier. Make sure you get new gaskets. And I don't think they supply new ones. So you might want to get some now. When I went to the dealers they didn't stock them, they had to order them. Mine were bad. Whoever put the pipes one didn't replace them. When I replaced them I put a thin coat of High-Temp silicone on them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I am planning on an intake mod but that will hav to wait till the spring...or maybe a christmas gift to myself...hahaha. So thats why I figured i would do the power commander now.
Good to know about the rear nuts, not looking forward to that.
Am going to try a few dealers in the morning for the gaskets.
Will post update after I get them on.....cant wait!!
Thanks.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update..... Pipes are awesome, very loud:)
did take the tank off for the power commander.... pretty easy, everything took about 3 hours including "Corona" breaks.....
Bike sounds great and runs smooth.
On to the next mod!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts