Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
' 07 Lt Classic, to remove the gas tank does the instument cluster (speedo, ect ) have to be removed first... and if so.. how.. TIA :)

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
' 07 Lt Classic, to remove the gas tank does the instument cluster (speedo, ect ) have to be removed first... and if so.. how.. TIA :)
just six, eh?, No. the gauges can stay on the tank. or not. you choose.

Under the chrome cover (leftside) are all the 'lectric connectors. unplug em.
also there is a fuel line quick release push pin. push the two little red feet and the head pops out the other side. no fuel will run out. its a pump. loose that bolt at the back of the tank under the front seat. now the tank is yours. pull it back an inch or so and then up. better have a place to put it. its heavy if there is gas in it. yor welcome. out, ponch

·
Registered
445 Posts
You getting around to installing the cables you bought ?

Tips

Left side connectors are separated by the tabs up front by pulling then towards you.

The left bolt that holds the wiring harness connectors/coil wires.
The one on the left is longer.

When taking off the star screw off the left side of the chrome cover
Put the screw in the hole in the bracket so you don't loose it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paunch, I took the name six pack from the Valkyrie I rode before the Kaw. it's not the sbbs... trust me :D

Paul, yep a buddy and me are going to give it a go next week when he gets home.. he works the supply ships off Newfoundland oil rigs.. 28 day rotation... surly we can do it in this time :) P,S. sent you a pm? this is a great site,,, thanks to all....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paunch, I took the name six pack from the Valkyrie I rode before the Kaw. it's not the abs... trust me :D

Paul, yep a buddy and me are going to give it a go next week when he gets home.. he works the supply ships off Newfoundland oil rigs.. 28 day rotation... surly we can do it in this time :) P,S. sent you a pm? this is a great site,,, thanks to all....

·
Registered
18 Posts
help please poncho

I am going to be pulling off my tank this weekend to work on installing baron big air and cobra processor, can you help me with steps on taking off the tank and where connections are?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am going to be pulling off my tank this weekend to work on installing baron big air and cobra processor, can you help me with steps on taking off the tank and where connections are?
Very easy, first you have to unplug the electrical connectors underneath the left side of the tank. They are located underneath the cover which comes off with a screw or two. Then you can remove your seat and then un bolt the rear of the tank that secures to the frame. Then you have two hoses that need to be removed from the rear of the tank, use pliars to remove the metal fastener and just firmly pull off. Gentely and slightly slide tank back, you will still have your main fuel line attached. After the tank slides back about a inch or so you can slightly tilt your tank just enough to get your hand underneath and now you need to disconnect the orange safty fastener that holds the fuel line in place to the fuel pump which is on the bottom of the tank. remember your tank is just resting there and not attached so be carefull not to move it too much. You need to turn that orange plastic fastener about 90 degrees, squeeze and then pull off then you are free. Gas will not leak out so dont worry. Be carefull if tank has gas in it because it will be heavy and have a secure place to put it down so you dont drop it. and thats about it. Ive taken mine off about four or five times.

·
Registered
953 Posts
if its a cali model it will have three hoses in the rear two on the right and one on the left , mine is and i just took it off a few weeks ago. and when you take it off pull forward and up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts