Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these guys or anyone of their ilk?http://www.gastanklining.com/index.html

My tank has started leaking, I think in the fuel pump or gauge sensor area. It looks like something I could do myself, but I don't want to go to the trouble only to get it buttoned back up and find it still leaks. I'd rather have someone who does it a lot do it (and guarantee it!) and be done with it. Also, their prices seem reasonable.

What thinkest thou?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, I called them today. These are cool guys (at least the one I talked to). They do a job that admittedly could be DIY, but they save you the mess and risk of failing. I'll be sending them my tank soon. They will not disturb the paint, so I've got that going for me. Their prep and shipping instructions are very thorough. If I think of it, I'll post some before & after pics.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just realized I didn't follow this up. I got the tank back and it looks good. The epoxy coat looks pretty thick and should be durable. With shipping and the paint protection (which is optional, but seemed like a good idea) it ended up being over $500, but I'd still do that before I'd try to do it myself. I've probably ridden a couple hundred miles and so far so good.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just replaced my tank with a stock replacement from Kawasaki, due to a towing incident which destroyed the original. Painted at the factory to match my bike, it was just under $900.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I first saw the leak I looked into a new one and I found the same price as Old Guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts