Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Quick problem with my gas mileage. I seem to be getting 0 miles to the gallon as of late. Oh wait, there's 8 inches of snow outside and its about 20 degrees.:mad:

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I'm sorry guys. I don't seem to be having a problem out here.
Then, I gotta ask...

WHY AREN'T YOU POSTING PICS OF YOUR RIDES???

It helps the rest of us, really!!! I've been getting in an afternoon here and there though, when the temps creep above 40, but those have been rare. :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well I rode today and yesterday and will risde tomorrow...temps this morning were 24 degrees....got all the way up to 38....shoot there is snow still all around....

Yep...I AM a sick sucker........but hey...a ride is a ride!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cold Rides

Caught a good ride last Sunday, was around 50 but humid so it felt pretty good. Can't wait for good weather since it's been mostly freezing, raining, and snowing since I got my bike a few months ago.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey all,

Quick problem with my gas mileage. I seem to be getting 0 miles to the gallon as of late. Oh wait, there's 8 inches of snow outside and its about 20 degrees.:mad:

Thanks for the help!
My buddy who lives in Tiverton, UK rides every day from home to work, whether it is snowing or not. He is 50+ years old and has been doing it for years. This November was the first time he has ever laid it down on snow. Said he was creeping down a hill and tapped the rear brake just a bit to much and the back end tried to become the front end. He said it bent the brake lever and one mirror. He got a couple bruises. But most of all it hurt his pride. I still think he is nuts to ride in the snow.:eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
The weather guys say it's supposed to get back into the mid 50's here next week and I'm looking forward to it, this riding in the low 20's in the mornings is getting old fast!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I hear that... Tomorrow's high =31f. I'm planning on riding to college which is about 35 minutes away. :D Good thing I'm to stupid to know better... ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
From Plymouth Indiana, it's about 90 miles east of Chicago. Yeah, I'll be bundled up pretty good. More than all else I've found that good Gloves and a neoprin face mask are essential. Ride slow, and watch for slick spots. :)} If spring doesn't hurry up, I'm gonna loose it. haha.. But seriously!:eek:

·
Registered
782 Posts
From Plymouth Indiana, it's about 90 miles east of Chicago. Yeah, I'll be bundled up pretty good. More than all else I've found that good Gloves and a neoprin face mask are essential. Ride slow, and watch for slick spots. :)} If spring doesn't hurry up, I'm gonna loose it. haha.. But seriously!:eek:
I agree. If I ever see that damned ground hog he is so dead!:mad:
I'll end this six more weeks of winter crap for good. Maybe next year we could ride up to Punxsutawney and sniper his butt.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It was supposed to be, but Leno caught wind of it and decided it sounded like a good gig... >=/ lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
We feller's from the South got our own Groundhod, General Lee, we just didn't cotton to that Northern groundhog's weather forcasting round here!

·
Registered
25 Posts
One Tank

I am getting fantastic fuel savings! I haven't filled up since about the end of October.:eek: Only one tank over 4 months and at least a month to go:rolleyes:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am getting fantastic fuel savings! I haven't filled up since about the end of October.:eek: Only one tank over 4 months and at least a month to go:rolleyes:
I hear ya Smokin......my mileage is the same as yours, 2" more snow last night, more tomorrow night and Monday, they say it could be ALOT,,,,,I HAVE HAD IT THIS YEAR!!!!!!:mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts