Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Vulcan 1500 (according to manual) has a 5 gallon tank... the fuel idiot light comes on around 120 miles on trip meter... fuel gauge near empty. I filled the tank with about 3.5 gallons last night at 2.79 a gallon. Is my gas mileage average for this model?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
My 2007 Vulcan 1500 (according to manual) has a 5 gallon tank... the fuel idiot light comes on around 120 miles on trip meter... fuel gauge near empty. I filled the tank with about 3.5 gallons last night at 2.79 a gallon. Is my gas mileage average for this model?

You're saying you got 120 miles out of 3.5 gallons? I'm not at all sure that's what you're saying, but if that's correct, that would put you at 34 mpg. Really low compared to what's been reported on fuelly.com

Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS MPG - Actual MPG from 3 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS owners

...around 50 mpg. And my 900 consistently does around 45 mpg, but I'm a geezer and drive, according to my wife, "like a damn truck driver", i.e. too slow for her tastes, so I imagine that's how I ride, too.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The 1500 will usually get between 35-45 miles per gallon. Depends on how and where you drive. If you like going over 65 miles per hour most of the time, then your mpg is about right on. If you want to find out how much run time you have after the idiot light comes on, strap a full 2 gallon gas tank on your bike and go riding. When the light comes on, set the trip odometer to zero and mark the time. Then go ride until it runs out. Keep in mind, it won't always be exact each time so leave a little leeway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 1500 will usually get between 35-45 miles per gallon. Depends on how and where you drive. If you like going over 65 miles per hour most of the time, then your mpg is about right on. If you want to find out how much run time you have after the idiot light comes on, strap a full 2 gallon gas tank on your bike and go riding. When the light comes on, set the trip odometer to zero and mark the time. Then go ride until it runs out. Keep in mind, it won't always be exact each time so leave a little leeway.
Thank you. Will do

·
Registered
507 Posts
Wow, I turned his bike into an S model with one misclick of a mouse. Scary.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ought to mention that I'm often the only vehicle going the speed limit. I'm a geezer, I enjoy the ride, and love the speed limit. I'm routinely passed by carers in a hurry... and why not? If all I had was a car I'd want to get it over with asap.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't have a gauge but my light comes on around the same 120 miles. I usually get around around 40 mpg. A little more on two lane highways going the speed limit.

Less if I'm on I-5 which I don't especially enjoy. I rode from Eugene to the Elkton exit with a friend, and going an indicated 75-80 we would still get passed by some cars.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I ought to mention that I'm often the only vehicle going the speed limit. I'm a geezer, I enjoy the ride, and love the speed limit. I'm routinely passed by carers in a hurry... and why not? If all I had was a car I'd want to get it over with asap.

LOL! Gotta remember that one!

My theory, and I'm pretty sure it's 100% correct, is that if you could go the speed of light on most freeways, someone would turn the Theory of Relativity on its head and still manage to pass you.

Probably a Toyota Camry driven by an old coot wearing a fedora. With his blinker on.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I get 36-39 fairly consistently, depending on wind, hills, speed and so on. Mine is carbed, though. Bone stock it got 45-50. Since I've experimented with different jets, air intakes and pipes, I've gotten anywhere from 22 mpg (running way too rich) to 42 (running lean). Where it is now is the sweet spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts