Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, so on of my typical rides to work, i ran my fingers underneath the left side of the tank. and i noticed a thin coat of gas, my first thoughts were "wat the hell, why am i leaking gas." it seems kind of odd that its leaking, its an 08'.. now i dont know how long its been leaking since i randomly ran my figers underneath the tank.. i dont think its a big leak, but it keeps having that thin coat across that side of the tank. anyone here might know wat im dealing with here?? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
There was a recall on the 07's that I know of where the dealer had to check a fuel line fitting in that area. Not sure if it applied to any 08's or not. Check with your dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if i hunker down and look. it seems to be leaking from wat looks like to be thr pump assymbley, its a round plate with a couple of bolts around it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
yeah thats your fuel pump, it has a gasket under that plate. it probebly needs a new one, its easy to take the tank off. do that and fix it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awsome, ill try and get that tank off this weekend. ill aslo punch in my VIN on kawasaki's website to see if i have any recalls excistent. thanks guys for suggestions..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts