Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a gas leak coming from the left side of my bike a few weeks ago. The first sign of the leak occurred a few weeks before that in the form of a stinking garage and house that left the wife complaining. Anyway, I decided to take the bike to the garage to see if the connections, recalled connections, were leaking. The mechanic determined that the O-ring between the fuel pump and the bracket was leaking. I purchased a new O-ring and installed it and the tank still leaked.

I finally decided to do a leak test on the tank and found that the leak was coming from the seam where the fuel pump bracket connects to the tank itself. Great! No warranty!

Has anyone experienced this problem? Any suggestions for fixing the leak?

Thanks,

·
Registered
658 Posts
what year is your bike. I know that my 2007 has a recall regarding the gas tank (which I still have to get checked out...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2008. I only know of two recalls on my bike. Both are for the clips that hold the fuel lines to the connections points.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The easiest way to fix it is probably using the Bill Hirsch or POR-15 sealant kit and seal the inside of tank. Most other methods of sealing a tank leak will require a new paint job. JB Weld will also seal it if you can get to the inside where it leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts