Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and hope to have many more and I just bought an 07 900 and the gas gauge does not work. I have not had a bike in 8 years but now that i'm back on it is great. I don't know were to start to look to fix this problem but would love any suggestions on what to look for. thank you for your response.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you look up at the sticky section, there's a thread labeled "Gas Gauge Fix". You could try starting there.

(Assuming of course that's what you meant by "doesn't work")

·
Registered
742 Posts
yea... i just bought an '08 Custom and so far... the light has never come on even though i have been stuck on E for quite a few miles. i've reached just over 4 gals. during a refill and the light still never came on?!?! i am hoping it actually works! :)

might have to try doing a controlled drain to test it?!?!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My gauge does not work at all. The needle is stuck on E all the time even after filling up. the light does not come on.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Remove the tank bezel cover and short the fuel wires at the connector with the key on and the gage should read full (need to slip a jumper in the connector), empty when disconnected.

If good:
Disconnect the fuel level sensor connector (you'll probably need to remove the tank bolt and lift it a bit). Check resistance across the black/yellow and white/yellow wires:

Full tank: 4-10 ohm
Empty tank: 90-100 ohm
If bad you'll need to drain the tank and investigate further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts