Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 classic 900. My gas gauge is "spot on". It appears any irregularities must have been addressed for the new models. That being said, after the light does come on, typically, how many miles does one have left?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have an 09 Classic and the light comes on with about 1.5 gal left in the tank which leaves about 65-70 miles left to go.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have an 09 classic 900. My gas gauge is "spot on". It appears any irregularities must have been addressed for the new models. That being said, after the light does come on, typically, how many miles does one have left?
What does your gauge read when you have 130 miles on the trip?

·
Registered
441 Posts
After 150 miles, mine sits on empty. I know I have about 50 or so miles left, but it is still annoying. I have a 2009 900SE.
Mine usually reads empty when it has about 130ish miles. I am hoping to do the "fix" this weekend when I put my new light bar on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today I ran mine to 194 miles since the last fill up just to try and figure out when the fuel light would come on. The light wasn't on and I got a little nervous so I stopped and filled up. I put in 4.04 gals. The needle was just hitting E.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My gas gauge comes on at right around 185 to 190 miles. I fill it up and every time it takes four gallons, so I have 1.3 gallons left in my 09.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
441 Posts
09 classic LT 50 miles and gauge already between 1/2 and 3/4 whats up????
Kawi doesn't see this as being a true problem so therefore having it fixed under warranty doesn't happen. See the sticky, "gas gauge fix"

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just what is "spot on"?......... My 07 light comes on with 4 gallons low, 1.3 left. Works for me. My 01 Ford Ranger has a 20.5 gal tank and the low light comes on ith 4 gallons left. Works for me....... I don't want the light to come on when all I have are fumes left.
A "guage" is just that, a guage not a precise calibrated meter. Now the speedometer, that's a different mater :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think you are missing the point. For one the "fix" doesn't change the low fuel light only the gauge. Secondly, for me personally the gas gauge reading empty for an additional 100 miles before I am sucking fumes is un-nerving. I feel that is why most of us pursue the fix.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts