Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost my keys for my bike, have sourced a new ignition set. I want to eliminiate the keyed gas cap. Does anyone know how to get the keyed gas cap off? Also what should I replace it with? Will a universal one from JP cycles or Bikebandit be ok?:confused:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Key to good management

I always make working copies of all my keys. I use the copies for everyday use. I put the originals and their key codes in my safe.. if ever I need another copy, am working from the original.

wait till you have kids and even the wifey, and they keep loosing all their keys and counting on you to $ave them. having original stowed and even a spare copy ready to go. has saved many costly fubar.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Correct. Cheapest I found it was around 75, and was considering it until I found out that it had to be eposxied in. Original poster was asking for options so I gave him that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up going with a used set off ebay, locksmith couldnt do it, I wasnt paying 350 from Kawi! So 105 out the door from a salvage yard, got the kawi tech to install it all, and shes purring like a kitten they said, I laughed! I said it better be ROARING like a lion with that exhaust!!! Anywho.... Picking her up tomorrow!!! New rear tire also!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts