Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Vulcan Voyager. I am getting along in years and find that the Voyager leans so far to the left, that it is getting more difficult to stand the bike up straight. Is there a tried and tested remedy for this?? HELP??

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I seem to remember a thread about someone wanting or doing a kickstand swap because of the same perceived reason. I do not remember if this was on a Voyager or Nomad or whatever, though.

Perhaps someone more involved in that thread will remember more than I do and pop in here with a reply to help you out.

The only other possibility is to start getting younger but I know of no viable thread addressing how to do that. I'd like to read that one myself!

·
Registered
64 Posts
From what I remember the Nomad kickstand stands it up better and is a direct swap. I had a Nomad and a voyager and the Nomad did Stand up straighter. You could also bolt a foot of some size. I've seen a hockey Puck being used.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
kickstand issue

I have had the same problem years ago with my Goldwing, that was a beast to pick off the sidestand with Mom onboard on anything but level pavement, I first made a stand extension from some flat stock that raised the bike about an inch, boy what a difference, later I found that a chrome extension at Dennis Kirk that bolted around my OE stand and raised the bike 11/2 inches made the stand easier to use and added a little bling. Check around as I have seen them advertised, they also increase the footprint and make the bike much more stable. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Ask your questions in the 1700 forum where other owners can assist you as not
all read the new intro section.

Please fill in your profile to include your bike/location info and that
is easier using a PC vs the app. This will help others answer questions you may ask knowing what year and model bike you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts