Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks, Just thought I's show off some of my most recent Garage Mods:

First, the new rack and hooks for helmets and jackets. Between the wife and I, we have too much bike stuff to keep upstairs. Easier to leave it near the bike so it's there when you need it.

Next is the Front Wheel Chock/Stand. Got it a Harbor Freight on sale for $69:

Front Stand and Wheel Chock. I like that it has to eye-bolts on the ends so you can secure the bike while you work on it.

I bolted it to the floor, but since I like to park my car in there from time to time, I used 1/4" x 1" long lag sleeves in the floor, and 1" long lag bolts, so I can remove them any time and move the chock:

This holds the bike super steady, and makes working on it so much easier:

All in all, not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning.

Doc

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
Looks good. I bought one of those wheel stands too. They definitely make things easier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wish I could store my gear in the garage, the wife is always complaining about it cluttering the house. Unfortunately, our garage is too wet, even with 3 Dri-Z-Air's going all winter, found this out the hard way 2 winters ago when my Shoei helmet and a couple pairs of gloves were ruined with mold.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That happened to me when I was living in Japan. I ended up sealing all my stuff in an airtight box, with 2 of these in there with them.

Doc

Wish I could store my gear in the garage, the wife is always complaining about it cluttering the house. Unfortunately, our garage is too wet, even with 3 Dri-Z-Air's going all winter, found this out the hard way 2 winters ago when my Shoei helmet and a couple pairs of gloves were ruined with mold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts