Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has invented a convertible way to close the air gap between the upper and lower fairing for cold and/or rainy riding days.

Like the Yamaha Venture, the Voyager protects all but the front of your knee in inclement weather. It's a pain to get wet knees if the rain is just light enough to not stop and throw one's rain gear on.

I was thinking of just keeping a set of sponges in the bags to force in there when it's cold or raining, but it looks like something could be attached to the inside lowers that could hing up for cold/wet weather and down for normal riding conditions.

Has this subject been discussed here before?

Joe

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has invented a convertible way to close the air gap between the upper and lower fairing for cold and/or rainy riding days.

Like the Yamaha Venture, the Voyager protects all but the front of your knee in inclement weather. It's a pain to get wet knees if the rain is just light enough to not stop and throw one's rain gear on.

I was thinking of just keeping a set of sponges in the bags to force in there when it's cold or raining, but it looks like something could be attached to the inside lowers that could hing up for cold/wet weather and down for normal riding conditions.

Has this subject been discussed here before?

Joe
Yes it has. the consensuses cheap fix is some tube type insulation available at most hardware/big box locations.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I cut some closed cell foam and jammed it between the upper and lower. Worked, but looked like crap.

I thought about fabricating a bracket that mounted to the two fasteners under the upper fairing, and then using Lexan to create a wind block in front of the lower / upper fairing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts