Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Just as an FYI; that's not a "new" page, or Gadgets page. That's a cached COPY of the page. The "web.archive.org" part is the Web Archive, they call it the "Way Back" machine. It'll work for almost any website to view an older, cached copy of a website. It was there even before the page went down.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as an FYI; that's not a "new" page, or Gadgets page. That's a cached COPY of the page. The "web.archive.org" part is the Web Archive, they call it the "Way Back" machine. It'll work for almost any website to view an older, cached copy of a website. It was there even before the page went down.
Well I don't think anyone really cares where it came from as long as it is back and working good again don't you think?;)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
True, but it is a good bit of FYI because you now know that no one is maintaining it and not going to get updated if outside links become broken. Also no response from anyone maintaining it either and who know where your "donations" may go either to help fund a site that is not up and running anymore.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just enjoy that it is back for now I guess. I was using some information from the site when it went down and now I can at least retrieve the things I needed from it so it made me a happy camper as I am sure it will for a few other people. If it goes down again I have the whole thing copied now and on a disc just in case that happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts