Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the Woody conversion and removed the reed valves on their 1500 Vulcan? I have done this mod and now I cant get the bike to start. Need help!!!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Has anyone done the Woody conversion and removed the reed valves on their 1500 Vulcan? I have done this mod and now I cant get the bike to start. Need help!!!
what you did should not cause failure to start.
You need to be exact here, for us to help you.
Does the engine turn over when the starter is pressed?
Does the engine cough and splutter but not keep running?

If the engine will turn over but not fire, the main cause (and I mean well over 90%) is a dodgy battery. The vulcan engines MUST have at least 10 volts spare while the engine is cranking, or the ecu will not fire the plugs. You can test this fairly easily with a cheap multitester across the battery terminals while cranking.

If it coughs a lot and wont run, then you most likely have left an open air line somewhere.

·
Registered
208 Posts
As Sunnybob says, removing the reed valves will not cause your bike to not start. The only way I can see doing this mod would affect the operation of your bike is if you possibly don't have a good seal on the plates you installed. But even if you did have a small leak, your bike should still start and run. I did this mod on my '04 Nomad about 3 years ago with no problems. I loved getting rid of all those hoses.

Give us some more info on what your bike is now doing. Is it trying to start or is it not responding when you hit the starter button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts