Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering where the fuse box was located on a 2009 VN900 Custom.

I did some searching in the forums but I couldn't find a threat with a related title.

On the subject of electrical, has anyone heard of performance ignition coils and wires for these bikes? What is the ohm rating on the ignition coil?

·
Registered
976 Posts
It is under the left hand trim cover under your seat. Remove your seat. Unscrew the Phillips screw that should be holding the combination helmet hook/overflow tube retainer. This also screws through the top of the trim piece. now pull out on the trim piece so that it comes off and you'll find the fuse box.

Unfortunate Warning!! Kawasaki used rubber grommets to screw the Phillips screw into the plastic covers. They are not keyed though, so it is not uncommon for the screw to spin the grommet. You may have to reach in under the grommet with a pair of hook nose needle nose pliers and squeeze to get the screw to back out of the grommet. When you put the screw back in realize that you're only going to take the slack out of the screw, you won't reach a torque point, the grommet will just spin. Maybe a rubber safe silicone lubricant before you put it back together?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It is under the left hand trim cover under your seat. Remove your seat. Unscrew the Phillips screw that should be holding the combination helmet hook/overflow tube retainer. This also screws through the top of the trim piece. now pull out on the trim piece so that it comes off and you'll find the fuse box.

Unfortunate Warning!! Kawasaki used rubber grommets to screw the Phillips screw into the plastic covers. They are not keyed though, so it is not uncommon for the screw to spin the grommet. You may have to reach in under the grommet with a pair of hook nose needle nose pliers and squeeze to get the screw to back out of the grommet. When you put the screw back in realize that you're only going to take the slack out of the screw, you won't reach a torque point, the grommet will just spin. Maybe a rubber safe silicone lubricant before you put it back together?
Impressive advice Clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts