Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay V2k Brothers,

I was going to install a fuse block today and start adding a few accessories, but I took the left side cover off and it was full of relays and fuses already. Have any of you guys installed a fuse block on your bike and where did you install it?

I looked at the rear fender, under the seat, but I don't want to drill into my fender and I don't know that all the wiring and fuse block would fit.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Behind the transmission there's a pretty nice space. Now, I don't know about attaching it. Maybe on the back of the plastic battery box. If you take the plastic cover off the battery you'll see it.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that might work...I will look at it. I wanted the block to be closer to the battery to be closer but once again I may have to settle.

thanks

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
541 Posts
that might work...I will look at it. I wanted the block to be closer to the battery to be closer but once again I may have to settle.

thanks
Plug it into your accessory lead, just behind the tail light harness. This will also give your fuse box a fuse from the stock junction box.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
The only water resistant area is going to be under one of the side covers. Under the fender is not a good location due to water splashing under some pressure. You would need to fabricate a project box that was water tight to install the fuse block, and this defeats the purpose of using a fuse block. It must be easily accessible, which is another reason I rule out mounting electrical junction areas under the fender.

I have a small 6 unit fuse block from Blue Sea Systems I installed on my sport bike, but there is no room on a Vulcan 2000. I am installing a mini ground bus under the right side cover, on top of the plastic tool cover. I have decided the best option for fuses is to wire waterproof in line mini fuse holders near the point of use of the item in question, which in most cases is under the large Star Wars nacelle of my model bike, or somewhere else at the front of the bike. If you don't have the large nacelle model, you can still attach these types of fuse holders to the upper fork tubes and make it look clean if you use the right method and finish work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just placed mine inside of the tool kit box.
6 position fuse box and 30 amp relay fit perfect.
Popped a few small 1/8 inch holes in the box to
accomodate running wires.
As per tool kit it went inside of my tool bag in the saddle bags.
If I get some time I will post a pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts