Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Not a thing wrong with that bike Newdawg. I think it is a good looking bike too. We all get Her point. She has moved up with the elite and will now talk down the so called Hardleys. I usually skip over Her posts, but, somehow thought this one might really be something humorous, which it is not at all.
Shep
Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager (103.7")

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I think she has a valid point.

Not really about the bike.
HD has a lot of accessories that are good quality and it's not that big of a deal to fab them onto something else.

But, the way the seller name drops Harley is pathetic.
Either our bikes are great on their own (my personal view) or they are just 'knock-offs'.
This guy sounds like he's insecure that the thing isn't a Harley.
To me; that attitude is worse and more damaging than the the 'better than you' attitude of some HD owners.

Scott

Triumph Rocket III Touring (140")
All in good fun. :)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts

HD has a lot of accessories that are good quality and it's not that big of a deal to fab them onto something else.

Either our bikes are great on their own (my personal view) or they are just 'knock-offs'.
To me; that attitude is worse and more damaging than the the 'better than you' attitude of some HD owners.

Scott

Or you can possibly spin the seller's perceived attitude a different way....Maybe he's dropping the HD name only to lure in a certain type of buyer, knowing he's sure to get a few nibbles. Either way, who really cares? It'll be a nice bike for somebody, more power to him.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
*shrug* Just looks like a Harley with a better motor.

The humor for me is why anyone would buy a bike and then try to turn it into something it isn't. I see it all the time. There are guys in the 1500 forum trying to turn BUBFs into classics all the time. It won't ever happen, and I always tell them they should, just buy a classic if that's the look they want, but they try anyway.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Or you can possibly spin the seller's perceived attitude a different way....Maybe he's dropping the HD name only to lure in a certain type of buyer, knowing he's sure to get a few nibbles. Either way, who really cares? It'll be a nice bike for somebody, more power to him.
If this guy is more impressed with all the HD parts he put on his bike than the bike it's self; then I'm sure there are a few buyers that are too.
But, it's STILL a pathetic attitude.

If he knows better and is trying to lure people looking for Harleys; that is a pretty douchey thing to do.
I hate searching for "Rocket III" and getting results for C50s just because the seller puts 100 keywords at the bottom of the post.

Either way; if someone likes the bike, more power to them. But, the ad is still "funny".

Scott

·
Banned
179 Posts
Get yourself another cup of coffee and wake up first then take another look at it. It is a really nice bike and as it is set up you can consider it a Bagger if that is what the guy wants it to be. It is only about 45 miles from me where I live in western PA. Just over the Ohio line some.

·
Registered
702 Posts
As long as the seller is not being deceptive, who really cares what method he uses to make the sale?

I hope the seller gets full price, the buyer joins this forum, and everyone will tell him how beautiful his bike looks. Now THAT would be "the best laugh of the week" (OP's words, not mine)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Who really cares if someone has an attitude that HD is the greatest thing ever and all others are shyte??

Thank god we still live in a free country and can laugh at what we personally find funny.;)

Scott

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shepsvoyager said:
Not a thing wrong with that bike Newdawg. I think it is a good looking bike too. We all get Her point. She has moved up with the elite and will now talk down the so called Hardleys.
LOL - that's so funny, Shep! And, cute! But, you see, do you know what my daily riding bike is? It's a Vulcan 900. The same Vulcan 900 that I've been riding for years, and has been very good to me. So, I'm not talking down anybody. But, feel free to skip my posts. I won't lose any sleep tonight. :D

Scott

Triumph Rocket III Touring (140")
All in good fun. :)
I think she has a valid point.If he knows better and is trying to lure people looking for Harleys; then he's a DOUCHE.
Somebody hears the tune that I'm singing!

It's not the bike - it's the bike combined with that seller! Why the need to try to compare it to something else?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LMAO - Scott - do you remember the thread that started the whole "engine size in the signature" thing? I got in trouble for that . . . :D

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As long as the seller is not being deceptive, who really cares what method he uses to make the sale?

I hope the seller gets full price, the buyer joins this forum, and everyone will tell him how beautiful his bike looks. Now THAT would be "the best laugh of the week" (OP's words, not mine)
Oh, I'd love that!:D I've thought about calling the seller and playing as silly as (s)he does. That phone call would be funny, too. If I do it, I'll record it for future laughs. LOL!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I guess I just better pack my bags and go since I am now now one of those "elite" bike owners. :D

But for real we can judge the person for what they done to that bike. We don't know why they done what they done. But they differently tried there best to make it sound better than a HD instead of saying it was a good Kawasaki.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I changed my wording in post #8.

While, I think that "luring" buyers who are looking for something else is a pretty douchey thing to do. It doesn't make the person entirely a douche.
The seller very well may be a stand up decent sort of guy.
Even if I think he should evaluate his attitudes on bike manufacturers.

Scott

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
But they differently tried there best to make it sound better than a HD instead of saying it was a good Kawasaki.
It's hard to convince the general public that there is nothing 'wrong' with metric bikes when some of us 'metric guys' are putting that much effort into changing our bikes into something "similar/better" than HD.

Let the [email protected] things be what they are.... Great bikes!

Scott

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's hard to convince the general public that there is nothing 'wrong' with metric bikes when some of us 'metric guys' are putting that much effort into changing our bikes into something "similar/better" than HD.

Let the [email protected] things be what they are.... Great bikes!

Scott
:good: True story!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.