Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 classic that I has a big dent in the tank so I got one from a salvage yard. Mine I guess is from California because it has 2 nipples on the left had side one has a hose with a blue stripe and the other has a red stripe on it. The new tank I got has only got 1 nipple on the left side. Can I eliminate on of the hoses or are they both needed.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Ok, so your tank has two hoses but you didn't say what they connect to. If your bike is a California model I'd imagine that one is part of the tank venting system (in which case one hose simply empties out underneath the bike into the air) and the other would go to some sort of emissions cannister.

If your bike has no emissions cannister (of some kind) then I'd surmise that the tank on your bike may not be the original in which case one went to the venting hose and the other was just there.

If you have a California bike and want to use a non-California tank then hook up the one nipple from the tank to the venting hose.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Regardless, you HAVE to have the venting hose setup.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
It is for a Cali fuel/fuel vapor recovery system. I didn't spend a lot of time looking at the system to see how you might be able to adapt it. So, I tried to attach pages from the service manual but they're bigger than the nearly unusable 20KB the forum allows.

Here is a link to a Google Drive shared folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Btbd_YdXQ753BuPE8c1l3h2xZwvNbYg1

I put a few PDFs there that might help. I'll delete the folder at some point so have a look at your earliest opportunity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts