Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I am new to the forum, so giving it a try. I am looking for fuel tank emblems for 2010 vulcan 900, tore the left one off accidently with helmet strap, too easily i think but the new ones are 60 bucks for a piece of plastic, anyone have a set they have taken off, i would be interested in buying.

thanks

tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too am looking for emblems, I have a 1996 Vulcan 1500 88.

I've seen some around online, but all I can find are the newer emblems and they only come in red. =/

Try ebay, or a salvage yard?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been all over, no one has the new style emblems, can find the old vulcan emblems and an aftermarket for the vn2000 but cannot find the vulcan 900 ones except new at dealership, i refuse to pay them 60 bucks for one emblem, worst case scenario, i'll pull both off and keep the tank naked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if that doesn't work out the wife want the tank badges off of her 900 . Anyone know what the easiest way to remove them im thinkin heat gun. KCCO BB

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got badges off a 2010 Custom. They just came off yesterday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
if that doesn't work out the wife want the tank badges off of her 900 . Anyone know what the easiest way to remove them im thinkin heat gun. KCCO BB
I heated the emblem up with a blow dryer and used a piece of fishing line in a sawing motion behind it. Once off I cleaned the tank up with goof off, washed and waxed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im interested if you would like to get rid of them, let me know, I seem to be having issues replying to these messages, hope this goes thru.

tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just received the tank emblems from one of the forum members...wow, was that fast!! And they look in great shape! Just the right part for me to put the finishing touches on my 900 Classic rebuild.

I see everyone uses a heat gun to remove the glue....but what glue do I use to replace the emblem? Anyone have a brand name and/or specification?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just received the tank emblems from onI want to see pictures of the finished product of the forum members...wow, was that fast!! And they look in great shape! Just the right part for me to put the finishing touches on my 900 Classic rebuild.

I see everyone uses a heat gun to remove the glue....but what glue do I use to replace the emblem? Anyone have a brand name and/or specification?
I'm glad that worked out for you and I'm glad they stayed intact...lets see some pics with final product!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts