Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Vulcan 750 that hasn't been run for a couple of years. I pulled the plugs squirted in some WD 40 and turned the engine over a couple of times. I pulled the carbs off, cleaned and replaced o-rings and gaskets and main jets. I replaced both air filters, petcock, and gas filters. The tank was pulled and cleaned, and all spark plugs were replaced When put back together, it took a while to start, but I figure that was because of empty lines and carbs. After it started, it ran great, until about 4500 rpm, then it started running as if it were out of gas. When I pulled the plugs, the front plug looked normal, the rear plug looked rich. I replaced both coils. The same thing happened, but I was able to inch it past 6000 rpm. then it would really run. However, several times when riding at about 3500 to 4000 rpm, the engine would act like it was out of gas and shut off and not restart. Wait ten minutes, and it starts right up. It might run fine for half an hour or it might only run 5 minutes.I checked the thread by hopefulrider on 8/26, and that sounded familiar. My daughter wants the bike, but I don't want it to strand her. I already have a good size bald spot, but I would like to keep the rest of my hair. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, somebody posted a reply to hopefulrider about the gas tank vent line. I had to run a length of safety wire through the line and replace the hose and gas cap assembly. That took care of the shutting off problem, now I'm working on the acceleration stutter. I wonder if the vacuum valve might be sticking at a certain point. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you been using any kind of fuel treatment like Seafoam? If not run that through a few tanks and see if it gets better. You still might have some dirt in the carbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts