Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel pump on my bike is rather noisy. I've had the bike only since October 2013. It's no more noises now than when I bought it but it is rather loud. Is this normal for this bike ? Or should I get anther in preparation for a failure?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Are you talking the noise it makes when it whistles/primes up when you turn the key on? They all make some noise then so maybe you can compare it to other 900's if you think its excessive. Video with audio off your phone posted here would get you some good feedback I'm sure. These bikes having fuel pump problems are pretty rare.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. When I first turn the key on it hums rather loudly but of course I cannot hear it when the bikes running. I can't even hear my wife scream at me with the engine running. (Hard krone big straights) bike runs great so no problem there. Was just curious.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. When I first turn the key on it hums rather loudly but of course I cannot hear it when the bikes running. I can't even hear my wife scream at me with the engine running. (Hard krone big straights) bike runs great so no problem there. Was just curious.
Normal for the bike.When you do not hear it when the turn the key on is when you have problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts