Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all been away for a couple of months or so. If this question
has been beat to death with a sledge hammer, i ask for forgiveness!~ i have a 09 vulcan 900 custom with road burner
exhaust same as hard chrome stripers. If i add a k&n air filter
will i "have to" install a fuel processor?
Thanks for those who answer
i will pray for the rest!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes. You will need to modify your fuel map if you open up both intake and exhaust or you will run very lean and chance burning up a piston.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Most exhaust manufatures do recommend the use of a fuel management even if you only upgrade your exhaust. It does make a difference in performance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a very similar setup to you... bought a fuel processor and never installed it. Pulled the plugs and by colour, the bike was burning a touch rich. Perfect? Maybe not.

Installed the processor anyway, cobra fi200r, and tinkered with the settings and settled on 1.75-3.75-0. I gained noticeable midrange and over 60mph the pipes went from a chopping sound to a mellow roar.

So my vote is "yes", you may not actually NEED the processor, but it sure does help.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have to agree with otter...go with the fuel processor! I ran Cobra longs and the K&N filter in a stock box for about 2 months. My exhaust sounded choppy with a bit of poppin and a week ago i installed FI2000R processor and could tel a big difference how smoother she runs and almost no poppin at all, she's running about perfect so i think i got her set about where i want it. i have really no gain of power but that isnt what i was looking for from the processor. good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts