Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, but have been lurking since I picked up my wrecked V2K. Since some of the parts are in dire need of replacement or modification, I'm taking the chance to go for a bobber style bike. One of the projects includes narrowing down the massive tank on this rig. To do so, at least to the extent that I want, it looks like I am going to have to run an inline fuel pump and ditch the stock tank mounted unit. So, finally to my question, does any body have the specifications on the stock fuel pump? What pressure and flow rate will I need to keep up with this monster?

Smiley

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a stock seat and pipes if you're interested. All I know about the fuel pump is that it's like a funnel leading to a drain pipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offers, but I am drastically changing the appearence of the bike, at least in my humble opinion. No stock seat or pipes needed for this application.

Good news for the fuel pump though!! I was hoping it would be a simple low pressure unit as there are many aftermarket choices. I will try to find out the exact pressure and fuel rate requirements still before tossing the old pump. I don't have any literature on this bike and was hoping the repair manual might give testing procedures with specific pressures. If all else fails I'll set up a test bench for the stock one and find out exactly what the stock one can do.

Smiley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts