Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my Vulcan starts to misfire at 2500 rpm. Thought it was the fuel pump, so replaced it from quantum fuel systems. Still had issue replaced spark plugs, air filter and even the hoses. Got it diagnosed. They said,The bike starts at 40 psi that slowly bleeds off. They suggest to replace the fuel pump so I called quantum getting a new one, however, does anyone have any other ideas? Could it be something other than the fuel pump. Are there sensors that can go bad if so which ones typically do and why. Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'll attempt to address this, but by no means am I certain about this. You said the fuel pressure starts at 40 psi then slowly bleeds down. According to sfair's numbers, that may be correct. He said it only has to hold that pressure for 30 seconds, after the key is turned of.

Misfire can be caused by a lot of things. Lean mixture, rich mixture, spark timing error, cam timing error, and some other things. Can you be more specific in describing the acceleration sequence, and where you are in it, when the misfiring starts to occur?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts