Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I believe I have a carb issue just not sure where to start I have a 97 Vulcan 1500 finally got it done the way I wanted front fair hard side Saddle bags fresh paint so it all matches haven’t really ridden it much the past few years but finally got it all done recharged the hyper filter took it to work the past few days and in 4th gear around 50-55 it starts bucking and popping but in third not an issue. got it to work and seen all these red spots realized it was fuel leaking out of the hyper charger onto the filter and then onto the bike wondering if I should start with carb cleaner, replace the carb or take it apart. Never messed with a carb before as previous Vulcans were newer and fuel injected ( had to sell for a family vehicle years ago and then wife gave me permission to spend a few grand) any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Easiest check is the float level. Does your engine oil smell like gasoline? The oil may be restricting the air flow into the engine causing the engine vacuum to pull more fuel than whats needed. Oil on an air filter....great way to run richer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts