Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After adding pipes and a K&N filter I'm getting a consistent 30 mpg. FuelPak tells me that is normal. How is your fuel mileage? Stock I got around 37mpg.....;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
After adding pipes and a K&N filter I'm getting a consistent 30 mpg. FuelPak tells me that is normal. How is your fuel mileage? Stock I got around 37mpg.....;)
My VN1600 is stock, and I get anywhere from 38-45 mpg depending on how hard I ride. I've been told by my local bike shop that going to straight pipes, or drilling out the baffles can affect fuel economy on a bike.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts

First, how many miles do you have on your bike? If it's still breaking in you won't get any mileage worth a flip. I'm not familiar with Fuelpak, how does it know if mileage is normal? You should get the same as other V2K owners and we all get over 30 mpg, unless the throttle gets cranked open.

If I keep my speed at 65 or below(72 indicated) I get right at 40 mpg. If I go above 65 mph the mileage drops as fast as the speedometer climbs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only got 5,000 miles on the bike. I may have slowed down the speedo a little too much. I could be getting between32 and 35mpg. I only seemed to get around 37 stock. The FuelPak controller is made by Vance and Hines and they say they have tested their product on the bikes they sell them for. But I don't know. The bike runs great and has tons of power and torque. I tend to lay on the throttle a little I admit and I run around 70 to 75mph most of the time.............:D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try but it won't be easy........:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I put my Power Commander in the suggested map that was loaded was 10% to 15% richer in the normal driving range because the bike stock is tuned so lean to meet emission regulations. That means your mileage will drop that much. I am not familiar with FuelPak but if you can go in and adjust it so it is not adding fuel you will get your mileage back if you haven't added an after-market intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts