Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Now is the timp to solve also fuel management issue, with your help ... for which I thank you very much.
Bike is Vaquero, 2012, 10.000 miles, complete stock.
I want to install an K&N air filter and to keep the stock exhausts.

Options I have :

1. Ivan reflash => I live in Romania (EU), sending the ECU to Ivan for flashing it will be to costly for me.
2. Cobra , Power comander ... what would you recomend ?

Thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
Plenty of recommendations in the archives Marcel... Take option 1, no matter what it costs. Shipping from Romania can't be so bad to be more than the cost of a fuel tuner. Fuel tuners for the 1700 are nowhere near as good as Ivan's flash.

I've sent mine from NZ three times now - hoping this is the final version. You should only need to send yours once.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Plenty of recommendations in the archives Marcel... Take option 1, no matter what it costs. Shipping from Romania can't be so bad to be more than the cost of a fuel tuner. Fuel tuners for the 1700 are nowhere near as good as Ivan's flash.

I've sent mine from NZ three times now - hoping this is the final version. You should only need to send yours once.
Why did you have to send it three times? Different upgrades to the bike or changes to the tune?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Why did you have to send it three times? Different upgrades to the bike or changes to the tune?

I was an early adopter, and couldn't resist sending it back for each of Ivan's two upgrades. I've noticed a difference with each upgrade, so the cost of all that shipping was worthwhile.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was an early adopter, and couldn't resist sending it back for each of Ivan's two upgrades. I've noticed a difference with each upgrade, so the cost of all that shipping was worthwhile.
Ok cool I was curious because I'm going to send the ecu from my vulcan 900 to him sometime over the winter

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hmm ... thinking about .. :)

Does Ivan has more "maps" for ECU reflash ? or there is the same flash for any ECU/bike ? or is he flashing the ECU based on your actual configuration (pipes. air filter ...) ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Talk to Ivan. I've never spoken to him by phone, but have messaged him many times from another forum, and always found him to be very helpful. As far as I'm aware, he has two versions of the flash. One for an OEM airbox (or close to it, such as with your K&N replacement filter), and another for an open intake.

I really don't know which version of the flash mine is. I started out with an open intake (Chucksters) when I had the first flash, but have since then changed back to a K&N replacement filter.

Whatever version it is... It's far far better than the fuel tuner (an EJK from Dobek) that I had on the bike before it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Vulcan 900 and replaced the air intake (whole system) with the cobra air intake system, I also got the Cobra powerpro black fuel management system. I will be keeping my pipes stock.
There is a small boost in performance with the open air intake and then adding the fuel processor gave it a little more. It is not extremely noticeable, but it's there, just don't expect too much. If all you are doing is changing the air filter to K&N (which will give you a bit more intake) I don't know if I would waste the money on all the other stuff.

For me the exhaust is the bottleneck. I would get more if I change pipes but, that's not what I am into.

The K&N is better but not by much so your best bang for your buck would be the Ivans flash. IMO
Unless you are going for the big 3, go Ivans. Especially with your shipping restraints.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts