Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK which ones are everyone having the most success with?
PCV, Cobra Power pro, Dynojet DFC ?
Whats your set up i.e. intake, pipes etc....

I'm running the K&N filter with cobra tri-ovals, using cobra power pro fi2000 with adjustable pot. I am not having very good success with this system and looking to change. Possibly to the DFC.
Just wondering who is using which with the most success.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
OK which ones are everyone having the most success with?
PCV, Cobra Power pro, Dynojet DFC ?
Whats your set up i.e. intake, pipes etc....

I'm running the K&N filter with cobra tri-ovals, using cobra power pro fi2000 with adjustable pot. I am not having very good success with this system and looking to change. Possibly to the DFC.
Just wondering who is using which with the most success.
I'm having a phenomenal success with my PCV with ignition. I'm sharing my maps to whomever wants them. My signature will show you what's on the bike.:p

·
Registered
192 Posts
PCV with Autotune. Runs like a different scoot. See signature for specifics.

Frank

·
Registered
66 Posts
I removed my Cobra Fi2000 and did the temp sensor relocation....runs better now. If anybody wants to buy the Cobra let me know, I will go with the PCV if I ever decide I need it.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Now that there some very good maps around, the PCV has no competition. I changed from the Cobra PowerPro. I will make someone an outstanding deal but probably no one will want one. I have 300 miles on it and will take 275.00 delivered in the lower 48. Paided the dealer 500.00 installed on my new bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tried the fi2000 and PCV

I tried both units and ended up with the PCV. If you look for my other posts you can read why I ended up with the PCV.

Dave

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried both units and ended up with the PCV. If you look for my other posts you can read why I ended up with the PCV.

Dave
Great comparisson!
I live near the rockies and found that using cruise and the power pro was fantastic for going up and down the hills, but the popping and lagging at low rpm its not enough for me to keep running the power pro.
Has anyone used or using the DFC ( dynojet fuel controller ) ? Its like the power commander but has three adjustable pots for low mid and high rpm also three pre programmed tunings to select from.
For me travelling at higher elevations to sea level this may be worth while.
Any comments?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I think that is the real intent of the Auto tune for the PCV. You install a good known base map for your area and then Auto tune makes the changes necessary as you change locations to keep the bike performing well. I have only tried the Cobra FI2000 PowerPro and now I have the PCV but have not put many miles on it as of yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts