Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Vulcan 900 Custom and am adding a standard Kuryakyn Hypercharger Intake (black), and Vance & Hines - Twin Slash Staggered Black exhaust

Any information or recommendations anyone has regarding what I should use for a fuel management system once this modification is complete, would be greatly appreciated! I don't know how to use any of this technology though, and nobody has helped me find maps for any of this equipment so far. Also, I don't have anywhere I can go nearby where I can have it dyno tested.

I assume the best action to take is to buy a PowerCommander V with an AutoTune. But I need maps for this equipment also, and can't seem to find anything. There is other equipment that can go with the PC V as well. Does anyone recommend the other equipment like the 02 Optimizer, the LCD Unit, or the PCV Map Switch, if I choose this route? Also, does anyone have the maps I need?

I've contacted Vance & Hines, and they don't make a Fuel Pak or management system for any 2013 model. Also, I've contacted Power Commander and they weren't specific to suggest anything for me.

If you have any suggestions on what I should do please let me know, as I'm at a stand-still until I can get some kind of fuel management system operating correctly! Thanks

·
Registered
950 Posts
If you have the cash I recommend a Cobra Fi2000R PowerPro Autotune. It samples power 80 times per second and automatically adjusts for max power. NO MAPS, NO ADJUSTMENT on the riders end. It is plug and play. I have been using it for a couple years and it's awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I agree with KenDawg, go with the Powrpro. It's true plug and play and no adjustments are necessary after installation. Every time you make a change the Powrpro adjusts to the new component.
If your heart is set on a PCV with AutoTune then any map shown for the VN900 that describes aftermarket pipes and air cleaner will start you off. The AutoTune will adjust to the components you have and override the map you've downloaded. Be warned, the PCV with AutoTune takes some mechanical and computer savvy to install and dial in the units with your engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't aware of this product. I'll use it for sure, thanks!
I think I would like the powerpro version of cobra's fi2000 series, as it seems to be far more accurate than their other models. Does cobra make an "r" version of the powerpro? or is it just the fi2000 powerpro and fi2000r models?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I wasn't aware of this product. I'll use it for sure, thanks!
I think I would like the powerpro version of cobra's fi2000 series, as it seems to be far more accurate than their other models. Does cobra make an "r" version of the powerpro? or is it just the fi2000 powerpro and fi2000r models?
Cobra's Powrpro fi2000 only comes in one flavor. I have the Powrpro on my VTX1800, replacing my aged PCIII. It was a great move. I also have the PCV with Autotune on my NV900 and have no complaints. If you like to fiddle with trying to squeeze that last little bit of power out of the engine then the PC is your ticket. If you simply want to ride and have the juice to leave a few surprised riders eating your dust then go with the Powrpro.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
+1 with KenDawg & Sojourner. PowrPro is truly plug & play. It's been awesome since installed. I know it's pricey, but well worth the $$$

·
Registered
253 Posts
+1 me too on the cobra auto tune!! ( I have it and slash cut vince and hines + L.A chopper air intake) love the performance gaine!! I also have the intake plate mod and wrap exhaust love the gaine!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you have the cash I recommend a Cobra Fi2000R PowerPro Autotune. It samples power 80 times per second and automatically adjusts for max power. NO MAPS, NO ADJUSTMENT on the riders end. It is plug and play. I have been using it for a couple years and it's awesome.

KenDawg whats the price for this piece and how easy is it to install? I have Hard & Chrome straight pipes and I get popping on decel. I've learned over time how to eliminate most of the popping for the way I ride, but it would be good to stop it all together. I can live with the popping but if I can cut it out and can afford it I'd go for it.

thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
KenDawg whats the price for this piece and how easy is it to install? I have Hard & Chrome straight pipes and I get popping on decel. I've learned over time how to eliminate most of the popping for the way I ride, but it would be good to stop it all together. I can live with the popping but if I can cut it out and can afford it I'd go for it.

thanks!
nightfun, did you install the Hard Khrome pipes? Did you install new crush gaskets? Also, have you marbled the PAIR system to eliminate injecting fresh air into the exhaust system? Both should be done before you consider buying any fuel processor simply to get rid of your decel popping. Buy any of the cheap fuel processors and you can richen the low end and the popping is gone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
nightfun, did you install the Hard Khrome pipes? Did you install new crush gaskets? Also, have you marbled the PAIR system to eliminate injecting fresh air into the exhaust system? Both should be done before you consider buying any fuel processor simply to get rid of your decel popping. Buy any of the cheap fuel processors and you can richen the low end and the popping is gone.
+1 on saving cash.. The power pro is great but I could have solved my decel popping issue with out.. My root cause turned out be mostly due to a missing exhaust bolt!

I have a Fi2000R listed in the classifieds now... PM me if your interested..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts