Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 900 Custom. This is the 2nd time I noticed that my gauge does not read correctly after a fill up. I filled up on my way home from a ride on Sunday, from almost empty (put 4.1 gallons in), and 20 miles later it was still showing almost empty. It eventually went up to full. Anybody else experienced this?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2010 VN900 Custom does the same. Also only use 3.8 Gallons before it is on Empty even tho you can clearly see there is still about 1 gallon still in the take.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Are you filling with the key off? The fuel gauge is buffered to keep it from constantly bouncing while riding. I turn mine off, fill it up, turn it back on, reads full.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you filling with the key off? The fuel gauge is buffered to keep it from constantly bouncing while riding. I turn mine off, fill it up, turn it back on, reads full.
Yep, I always turn it off when filling up (annoying as heck since the alarm automatically activated when I turn off the bike!). I'm starting to think that maybe it was the custom faceplate: I took it off, filed the hole a little bigger and reinstalled everything. I'll see if it happens again at the next fill up...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Mine takes several minutes to go to full after a fill up. About 3 to 5 mins I would guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts