Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Mine is a 2006 and the "fuel filter" is a screen and a non replaceable metal filter inside the tank. The fuel filter is part of the pump assembly and I just ain't gonna pay $600 for a new assembly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks so if u think the "filter" is gettin clogged how do u remedy that withouy buyin pump assembly

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i was ridin and it started sputtering and missin like it was trying to die so i pulled in the clutch and gave it alot of throttle and it would go back to fine then few sec later do it again so i did same thing and it did same. I jst bought it guy said it had sit for awhile havent had chance to pull plugs yet but was thinkin something maybe n tank that clogged filter

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
That could be many problems with the filter being way down the list.

How many miles on it?
How long have you owned?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also found what i am assuming to be the vent hole for gas tank under the cap clogged with dirt i cleaned it out idk if that could be a cause of the problem or not.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Very well could be.
A way to test that is put your spare key in the cap and when the engine starts to sputter, pop the cap and see if it runs better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plugs looked nasty changed them and tried openin gas cap still does same thing my brother asked me where i got gas at i told him said he knew of few people gettin gas there and ended up with some water could that be the cause it did run fine until i had to put gas in it when i bought it had half tank ran fine then i filled up and bout day later is when trouble started

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts