Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's a fuel Controler? And why would we need it? I've got a 07 VN 900 and this is the first time I've ever hear of it.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Here goes the debate, personally i think the power commander is a better option, and yes it does work. the PC allows you to tailor the fuel and air over the entire rpm range with DYNO tuning, a fuel processor allows a "preset" set up depending what pipes and air kit you are running, (no 2 bikes are the same or in the same situation how ever), and there is no way that it takes into account things like elevation etc. Regardless of what you get, it should be dyno'd.

With an air kit, aftermarket pipes and a power commander dyno'd,you should expect gains from 43 hp at the rear wheel to around 57 hp. Do a search on the forum and you will find lots on this subject, mostly guys who have hooked all this stuff up only to find either there bikes run slower or rougher and they have the wrong mapping. A dyno should cost you around $200 for 3 runs.

Good luck on what you decide.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
What's a fuel Controler? And why would we need it? I've got a 07 VN 900 and this is the first time I've ever hear of it.
It allows you to change the air and fuel mixtures from the stock setting, used when adding an air kit and aftermarket pipes to change torque curves and put the power to the ground where you really need it.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Fuel controller is engine, which to control by amount of fuel supplied to the combustion chambers. In automotive markets are available difference types fuel controller like radiant, Apexi NEO, FuelForce 894 etc.
Used Cars For Sale

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
my bike is all stock. Not a lot of $ to put into it right now. But I saw a cobra fuel controler for $190. wondered if it would be worth it..
Its only really worth it if you are going the aftermarket pipe and air kit down the road, i dont imagine that there would be much gain with the stock set up.

·
Registered
953 Posts
my bike is all stock. Not a lot of $ to put into it right now. But I saw a cobra fuel controler for $190. wondered if it would be worth it..
Just an opinion here,

I agree with Whiting (as usual). If you have not changed the exhaust and air cleaner to an after market product, you do not need a fuel controller. Basically, what they do is adjust the fuel mixture to make the bike safe to ride with the increased air flow. If your airflow is stock, the mixture should be good to go. Ride with confidence that your Vulcan should be just fine "as is".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts