Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you 650 S owners been checking your gas mileage? I'm just curious as to how the new models are doing in real world conditions.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have just over 250 miles on my bike so far in my 6 days of ownership, and I am seeing 60 mpg on the dash and I hand calculated just under that. Once I complete the break in I expect the mileage may drop some as I use the higher rpms, but I didn't buy it with mileage in mind.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Your mileage may also increase after a couple thousand miles. My 800 picked up about 4 mpg with a few miles on it, my Voyager picked up 3-4 also after the motor loosens up some.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good point, a broken-in engine ridden a bit more spirited could still net better mileage than a new bike on break in. I guess I better keep racking up miles to find out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Only at 174 miles, so I've barely burned through one tank (if that). the built-in computer thing is showing 47MPG. I'll do the math long-hand after I burn through a couple of tanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i get about 49 on mine and dont drive too aggressively usually just cruise unless in a hurry to get somewhere of course

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a little over 1000 miles on mine and I still get close to 60mpg. I know, I know, I must not be riding hard enough.

·
Registered
23 Posts
While out for a very relaxing 120mile ride through local country side with the wife, I took the opportunity to calculate the MPG. Filled the tank (on side-stand, brimmed) filled to brim again 73 miles later with 4.5 litres (16.2 miles per litre / 74 miles per gallon (UK)).

This was though a very relaxing ride. My wife is being ultra-safe on breaking the bike in, and doesn't like to ride too fast on small roads anyway. Half of the ride was probably at 2000rpm, with the rest at no more than the specified maximum 4000rpm.

More typically I've now undertaken 2 round trips to my office 125 miles from home. These trips are virtually all motorway and with little or no traffic (typically maintaining 60mph / 4500rpm). I'm calculating the fuel consumption on these trips at around 14.25 miles per litre (around 65 miles per gallon) which is better than I'd expected.

It'll be interesting to see what the fuel consumption is when the breaking in period is up (next week). I expect to cruise on the motorways at around 75mph (I'll be interested to see the rpm needed to maintain that speed).

·
Registered
37 Posts
62 mpg if I keep it under 60 mph and 53 if I open it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts