Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something....to remove the front wheel (excluding brake calipers), all that is needed is to undo the pinch bolts on the RHS and then unscrew the axle with the 22mm hex key ?

either this thing is stuck good or I've missed some thing..

any help ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Am I missing something....to remove the front wheel (excluding brake calipers), all that is needed is to undo the pinch bolts on the RHS and then unscrew the axle with the 22mm hex key ?

either this thing is stuck good or I've missed some thing..

any help ?
According to my service manual:

If your bike is ABS equipped you need to remove the front wheel rotation sensor and sensor bracket bolt.

Then remove the front brake calipers on both sides.

Then loosen the axle clamp bolts and the front axle.

Then jack up the bike in the front and remove the axle and take off the front wheel.

NOTE: The manual does not indicate if the threads are right hand or left hand for the axle, and I am not sure. That could be the issue.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can anyone give the torque specs for tire removal, front and rear..? i.e. brake calipers, pinch bolts, ABS sensor bracket, and axle? This is for the Vaquero. thanks

BTW, bought an AC Delco digital torque wrench and it works great. (actually, it's not really a wrench, it's an digital attachment you put on your ratchet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts