Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the front wheel and fender on my 2001 Vulcan 800A (skinny tire, 21"). I want to change it to an 800B Classic (16"). Two questions:
1. Can I just change it over without a lot of work or machining the stock 800A front end?

2. Does anybody know where I can find the parts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 I think the only differences are the spacers ( which you can get turned up by any machine shop) and the fact that there is a speedo drive on the 16 inch front wheel, where the vulcan has it on the rear. If you want to use the front wheel drive you'll have to change the right hand fork slider if not it will just be a matter of getting a longer spacer made up.
One way to find out is to go to a dealership that has both models and ask the salesman if you can do some measuring.
you might find you need slightly longer forks to make up the smaller wheel radius but the fatter tyre will compensate some way and it will probably mean that the bike turns into corners a bit faster
2 I'd go to a bike breaker and see if you can get a complete front end off a classic or drifter from the headstock down,that's the simplest route cos it addresses all the above problems in one fell swoop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback.

I went to a bike yard and they are doing a search for me for the entire front end. A hard thing to find since most of the wrecks are front end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts